How we work
At Henderson International we specialise in transferring UK pensions to New Zealand.
Although we’re based in Wellington, New Zealand we make regular trips around New Zealand to see our existing clients and meet new clients. There is nothing like meeting face to face, even though most of our services can also be arranged via email, post and phone. Click here to contact us to find out the value of your UK pensions at no cost to you and no obligation.
When looking at UK pension transfers the process that we usually follow starts where the funds will be invested and works backwards from that. You need to be happy and comfortable where and how your UK pension funds are invested. Otherwise there is no point in transferring, after all it is your money!
As the investment of your pension is so important to us, we work very closely with David Hayes at stockbrokers Hamilton Hindin Greene to provide expert investment advice.
- You get in touch with us either by email, phone, or completing our online contact form, or request one of our free information guides
- We’ll send you our Financial and Pension Information Guide so that you can get a clearer understanding on the pension transfer service
- We arrange a call or have email correspondence to answer any questions or queries that you may have about transferring UK pensions
- Request up to date transfer values and overseas transfer forms from your UK pension providers
- Have an initial discussion with David Hayes at HHG about your investment requirements. We’ll chat about strategies of how to handle your GBPs from your UK pension transfer
- David will put together an initial portfolio for you based on your discussions
- If you are happy with that and wish to proceed further you can open an account with HHG. David will complete an Investor Profile so that he can put together a proposed investment portfolio
- Set up your NZ QROPS scheme to accept your UK pension transfers
- Complete the documentation provided by your UK pension providers
- Courier them to the UK and follow up
- Funds arrive in GBPs in your New Zealand QROPS scheme
- Discuss with David implementation of your agreed investment portfolio
- Ongoing contact with David to ensure that you are kept up to date and that your portfolio continually fulfills your requirements.
We can also help with
We also can introduce you to suitably qualified persons who can provide other financial services for Brits emigrating to New Zealand and Kiwis who have lived in the UK. All are experts in their field who I have personally met and had dealings with.
- Foreign Exchange
- Stockbroking and Investments
- UK and New Zealand tax advice
- General Insurance for House, Contents and Car Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Angel Investing
- Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Legal advice