My name is Jeremy Henderson and I moved to New Zealand in 2002. I was born in Loughton in Essex but moved to Kingswood in Surrey at the age of 3. I then spent my adult years living in Balham and Kingston-upon-Thames.
I have extensive UK Pension experience having worked at Legal & General , Sedgwick’s, Barclays and GE Capital including Final Salary pension schemes, Self Invested Personal Pensions and Executive Schemes.
I do understand the trials and tribulations of emigrating and know that it is definitely not all plain sailing when moving to New Zealand. This is one of the reasons that I set up Henderson International Ltd, to help new migrants and returning New Zealanders with the financial aspects of moving to New Zealand. I hope that you find that this website answers many of your questions about moving to New Zealand, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions or queries about your move, I will be happy to help or at least point you in the right direction!
We have been involved in the transfer of occupational and personal pensions for UK migrants and returning Kiwis since 2002. Henderson International Ltd specialises in providing administration services for UK pension Transfers to New Zealand.
The most important aspect regarding transferring a UK pension to New Zealand is where it is invested. Which is really where the discussion starts, as such I work very closely with David Hayes at stockbrokers Hamilton Hindin Greene to provide expert investment advice. When looking at UK pension transfers the process that we usually follow starts where the funds will be invested and works backwards from that. You need to be happy and comfortable where and how your UK pension funds are invested otherwise there is no point in transferring, after all it is your money! The process in brief is:
- Send out the Financial and Pension Information Guide following receipt of the completed form on this website
- Arrange a call or have email correspondence to discuss your requirements and answer any questions or queries that you may have about transferring UK pensions
- Request up to date transfer values and overseas transfer forms
- Have an initial discussion with David Hayes at HHG about your investment requirements including strategies of how to handle your GBPs from your UK pension transfer
- David will put together an initial portfolio for you based on your discussions
- If you are happy with that and wish to proceed further then, you would open an account with HHG and David would complete an Investor Profile so that he can put together a proposed investment portfolio
- Set up your NZ QROPS scheme to accept your UK pension transfers
- Complete the documentation provided by your UK pension providers
- Courier them to the UK and follow up
- Funds arrive in GBPs in your New Zeaand QROPS scheme
- Discuss with David implementation of your agreed investment portfolio
- Ongoing contact with David, by phone, email and meeting to ensure that you are kept up to date and that your portfolio continually fulfills your requirements.
The New Zealand QROPS is effectively an umbrella for UK pension transfers under which stockbroker Hamilton Hindin Greene provides a range of investment options both offshore and in New Zealand. They will work with you to choose and maintain your New Zealand pension fund investments, and you can be as active or as hands-off as you like and you choose when you convert your transferred funds from Pounds to Dollars.
You may also like to take a moment to think about how emigrating or returning to New Zealand will affect your state pensions. The New Zealand tax system for pensions is also quite different, and there are special tax considerations for UK pension income when you are living in New Zealand. You’ll find out what you need to know about New Zealand retirement savings in our Pension Information Guide
We also can introduce you to suitably qualified persons who can provide other financial services for Brits emigrating to New Zealand and Kiwis who have lived in the UK. All of whom are experts in their field who I have personally met and had dealings with. Including:
- Foreign Exchange
- General Insurance for House, Contents and Car Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Angel Investing
- UK and New Zealand tax advice
- Legal advice
We provide a facilitation and administration service for transferring UK pensions to New Zealand. We do not recommend whether you should or should not transfer. We recommend that your Investment advice is provided by Authorised Financial Advisers (AFA’s) by stockbroker Hamilton Hindin Greene Limited (HHG).
Based in Wellington, we have clients nationwide and throughout the UK and make regular visits to Christchurch and Auckland and around New Zealand. We are happy to come to you, if you don’t happen to be passing through Wellington. However, most of our services can also be arranged via email, post, fax and phone.
We hope that you find this website useful, and invite you to contact us for more information on the financial aspects of emigrating to New Zealand.
We are a Participant of the Insurance & Savings Ombudsman Scheme (ISO Scheme). The ISO Scheme resolves complaints about insurance and financial services. It is a free service for our customers.
See www.iombudsman.org.nz or contact the ISO Scheme if you have an enquiry
Phone: 0800 888 202